• Deleted User
    Once again this is not for the trolls or people who want to convince the board they are good . Being a better gambler involves three major disciplines, patience ,2 giving yourself the edge 3 being informed, The first is very important I myself bet about five or six hoses a month to win in the winter as I don't find many that meet the criteria that gives my bet the edge so to speak, But as I bet only the flat that makes things harder, If you look through the card and nothing stands out then its no bet today and although this is hard and you are not going to get your fix it will mean you have more money when something you do like the look of comes along, Learning to break down a race and read form will open up a new world to you at first it seems daunting and overwhelming but try this get a pad and pen first look for hoses that get the trip carry the weight like the track and then you sort them by weight speed figures and distance and will end up with a selection, Then look for a bet,
    The best bet in the world is a single the bookie has one chance to get your money most pro punters bet singles, Any bet the bookie produces a slip for and offers a bonus on favours him bookies are not your friend they want to skin you, If you are good you will already know there is a simple way to know don't kid yourselves its full proof, Some years ago my local bookie called me into his office when I won 500 pounds which I was doing a few times a month, He told me he couldn't take my bets anymore, He said my girl stands there all morning taking multiples and you swan in put a single on clean up and disappear for the rest of the week, You don't bet race by race so your business is no good to me, So I said lay it off and back it yourself, He said what do you think I have been doing now my laying accounts are getting closed, So you are barred you can bet tenner's but nothing more,
    And this will be the same online they monitor all accounts they have a tool and you get flagged up they don't close your account they restrict you to 10 pounds at sp or 5 pounds knowing you wont be back. So when this happens take it as a compliment you are getting somewhere, If you are not that serious and you like multiples carry on but you will never be a long term winner unless you strike it big at huge prices but that's the way of it.
  • Deleted User
    And one piece of advice imparted to me by a man who used to write them sporting life racing post verdicts, Pay no attention to them they are time dependent and only feature the top odds horses as a rule as the compiler has a set amount of time before publication to get them in for printing.
  • Deleted User
    win bets if you are backing favs 2/1 or lower you need a strike rate of 2/3 to be a winner 4/1 to 6/1 really you need to be getting 2/5 and so on otherwise check yourself and try something else odds on I would recommend leaving well alone they are a disaster waiting to happen for many reasons.
  • Deleted User
    And to further make the point of not trusting racing post naps, Will hill pundit who writes verdicts and naps for the post napped a different horse in the will hill studio asked why he stated I didn't notice this at the time as I was rushing through the card. So there you have it. Choose your own selections.
  • Dexy
    Some really interesting points im informed and thoroughly enjoyed reading all your advice and reasoning. Thanks and well done for taking time out to post. :ok: :up:
  • peregrine
    You not sleeping my good man ? As I know you and I know you are very shrewd . Bit like me lol. But I don't follow tipsters and do my own as its my hard earned and I don't give me cash away .tipsters in my mind work within the industry or some do. So they will put up the occasional winner .but you are always better off doing your own. And never be put off by the price ! If you fancy one. No need to bet every day. Or like thousands do daily sit in the bookies backing anything . If I have one I'll wait all day. This is my opinion for what its worth.your discipline and staking is paramount. Back a 10.1 winner and its 10 more bets before the bookie gets back at you.that's if they all lose.sticking to your selected stake. But normally you will have another winner .so the money keeps on building. :cool:
  • Deleted User
    No rossco had a few bad nights but feeling a bit better now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.