• herbie
    Posting here as not sure who checks elsewhere...

Lots of stuff gone on this week, too much to list if you aren’t into MMA but I fancy Jon Jones to win the main event in either round 1 or 2.
    11/2 with SkyBet
  • dodd
    I follow the UFC vigorously Herbie and I can’t say I fancy Jones by stoppage. Gus is as tough and experienced as they come and gave Jon his biggest test to date. They say karma is a bitch and if that’s true then Jones is surely due his turn.

My bets for the event at very good value I’d say are Uriah Hall, Alexander Volkanobski, Michael Chiesa and Amanda Nunes who I believe beats Cyborg.
  • herbie
    Same bet I think. Can’t access exact prices as not in the U.K. currently
  • herbie
    good post. Gus was KO’d when headlining at home though and has fought less recently than Jones. Also fancy Chiesa and Nunes.

I have a friend who is part of Gus’s camp and another friend fighting on the night - Nathaniel Wood
  • dodd
    He is fighting Andre Ewell iirc. I’m sure he made his debut against Renan Barao recently although I may be wrong
  • herbie
    Yeah, was fighting Dusquenoy which would have been a great match up. Hopefully he gets the W. Lovely down to earth guy
  • dodd
    Good luck to him
  • dodd

Great win for your man Herbie. Dominant performance and a deserved finish. Surely gets a ranked fighter next
  • dodd
    My bets for the event at very good value I’d say are Uriah Hall, Alexander Volkanobski, Michael Chiesa and Amanda Nunes who I believe beats Cyborg.dodd

Around 20/1 if anybody backed it like me :)
  • herbie
    Great shout!
    I was 2 mins away from landing the Jones bet (2 mins into round 3) but landed the others.
  • dodd
    thanks Herbie.

I’m on another 4 fold that pays the same for tonight’s fight night in Brooklyn.

Dennis Bermudez
    Cory Sandhagen
    Joanne Calderwood
    Alexander Hernandez

Have you any interest in the card mate?
  • herbie
    Think Jo Jo loses but happy with the others!
    Sandhagen is super exciting. Very good card tonight. Will post some up later
  • dodd
    I was in between picking her tbh but she’s a huge step up for Lipski making her UFC debut. She could have been matched much easier on her first show. Calderwood started badly against Faria but it was too early in the fight to say how it’d have panned out but Jojo ended up submitting her. She still fights out of a world class gym and will give it right back to Lipski if it stays standing.

Agree with Sandhagen. Would’ve been interesting to see who he matched up in a striking contest with Thomas Almeida who he was originally scheduled to fight in which would’ve been a good matchup. We’d have found out he he’d have got on under serious aggression against John Lineker, he’d have had to have been on his bike for 15 minutes. But he rips the body brilliantly Sandhagen and he brings a fight ending knee up the middle behind his hands, he’s got an elusive submission game aswell and he showed he can come back under huge adversity against Alcantara where the whole roster would’ve tapped.
  • herbie
    Great post
  • herbie
    Good card but not good for betting.
    Backed both girl fights to go the distance inns double and Cerrone by sub at 7/1 purely for value.
  • dodd
    you jinxed me with Cowboy mate :razz:
  • herbie
    Ha ha! Sorry!
    No good for me that one but only little betsso no real damage
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.