• Bet2win
    Sorry lads, no info here just a plain old fashion guess after delving into the form.

Soulsaver has a tongue tie for the first time tomorrow. His trainer is 1/9 at the track over the last 12 months however he is 1/6 in handicaps at the course over the same period.
    SoulSaver has a decent 2nd of 16 runners at the course going back 12 months ago. Soulsaver was rated 98 in the race however he was ridden by a non claiming jockey that day. Tomorrow he is rated 104 with the jockey claiming 7LB so rated 1LB lower.

The jockey, 7LB claimer REX DINGLE is 3/14 over the last 14 days, over the last 12 months he has had three rides at Taunton 3rd of 7 runners 33/1, 3rd of 16 runners 14/1 and unplaced of 6 runners 40/1.

Finally here is what the trainer has to say about SoulSaver in the stable tours.

Soulsaver, he seems a really fun horse actually. I always say in and around 100, even if it's 102, taking Rex Dingle’s [conditional jockey] seven off or something like that, 102 in a 0-100. If he was 103, in a 0-110, I'm not so confident, but he might just prove me wrong.

He worked very well with me the other day. I was on a lead horse and he really worked better than his mark I felt and he's always threatened to get out of that range and he's on 105 now. I think he's good enough to win off 105. Well, we wouldn't be bothering and the owners wouldn't be bothering if we didn't think he could. I still don't feel we've really got all of his potential out of him. He ran a good race last time out and we just thought we'd sign off after that really. He had a blip over fences, thought he was going to really take to that at one point, and he really didn't. But I don't think we should give up on that. I think that's an option definitely, but where we were in the season, we just kind of chopped and changed it and thought we didn’t like that so leave that on the backburner for a minute, but we'll have another concerted effort going over fences once we've had one more run over hurdles.

He's only six, so he's still got some scope. he's a lovely horse to have about. If worst comes to worst and he ends up back in the 0-100, I'm sure he'll win again this season.

and remember, I always think he's only just got three or four runs at that flat rate because what chance did he have against 120, 130 horses in novice hurdle off level weights? They were a waste of time, those ones, but he had to get the experience and he had to show what he could do.

Here's hoping, I have a decent e/w on this at 7/1.

Good luck.
  • Bet2win
    Sorry lads forgot ot add
    Trainer A. Honeyball is 3/10 when he runs his horses with in sevens days of their last race.
    Also not the horses first time tongue tie,
  • peregrine
    Non runner.
  • Bet2win
    after all that,
  • CMB
    It did run yesterday so no surprise really
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.