• insidethestables1
    A low grade 5f dash, doesn’t look a strong race. Red Stripes is the fav and goes very well here but is drawn in the car park tonight. Ladweb is 6-1 but is 0-4 on the aw and Avon Green @ 9-2, the jockey has never ridden the track. Jorvik Prince is 6-1 but out of form and is probably being aimed at even weaker races than this in the Winter.

Impart is well bred and had an excuse last time, could go well but the one I like is Royal Mezyan. Turns up on a career low mark tonight. He placed in a Sandown class 4 handicap in June and has crashed down the handicap since. He did lose form after Sandown but has also paradoxically been improving since, last few rprs, 26, 49, 61, 63.

His last win was in October 2016, he had a 48 day break prior to that win and it’s a similar 52 day break tonight. He’s already had some support in the market but still looks a good price to me in a poor event.

Bet - Royal Mezyan, 9-2, general price
  • CMB
    Seen a nice write up for this one. You've also gone for it so I'll be on too.
  • insidethestables1
    Where is the write up mate?
  • CMB
    On a FB page I'm a member of. I'll copy paste it for you
  • CMB
    19:15 Chelmsford

There looks to be a serious amount of pace on in this 5f handicap sprint and in the event of a burn up Royal Mezyan may be the one to pick up the pieces. Having won off a mark as high as 83 in the past, Henry Spiller’s charge now finds himself down to a mark of 61 and has shown signs of life this season despite his slide down the weights. He ran creditably behind La Fortuna, who went on to complete a hat-trick subsequently, when fifth on his most recent start over six furlongs at Chelmsford. His fourth at Sandown in a 0-80 5f handicap also stands out in the context of this race and the drop back to 5f combined with the likely fierce pace up front may help him bounce back. However, without a win since 2016 it looks worth playing this each-way to small stakes.

Royal Mezyan 8/1 0.5 pts EW
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.