• finley
    Well it's finally happened,I've been having a bet since 1970,and SKYBET have decided to close my account,well technically not quite true,but according to a very long telephone conversation tonight,they are only prepared to allow me a very small wager,I'm talking £2.50 on all of my selections......now on one hand you think wow,I must be doing something right,us admittedly I've not had to deposit more than £50 last year,but I'm only a couple of grand in front...not exactly money to break the bank...ffs
    Has anyone else had this problem ? If so what's the answer ?
  • herbie
    Yup, can only get on with 3 Bookies now. Nothing you can do (although you should be able to) but Betfair is you main option.

Once you know things are going to be backed - the most important thing here - you need to share between accounts or you will get more closed
  • JOEMUGG
    STAN JAMES did that too me and SKY ages ago
    i dont think stan james still exists ive never looked

i find bet 365 is the best will hill used to be till they improved the site now its crap
  • JOEMUGG
    STAN JAMES NOW UNIBET
  • JOEMUGG
    YOU CAN LOSE ON BOOKIES AND THEY STILL CLOSE YOU
    THEY THINK YOUR ARBING
  • Bodger
    Sadly true. Bookies' sole interest is maximising profits with shareholders in mind. Surprised they let you get £2k in front, fin. They often close accounts that are a few hundred or even less in front.
  • JOEMUGG
    i have friends with closed accounts who lost 1000s
    but were arbing on betfair
    they dont like it
  • stainless
    I have had Stan James, Sportingbet and Tote all close or limit my accounts. They are all run by accountants, and with technology and spreadsheets they monitor ever transaction closely. If the stats are showing in your favour, bye, bye, successful gambler, no matter how much you are winning. Every gambler is heavily into arbing as far as they are concerned. Just a load of snowflakes.
  • The racing voice
    I can never understand why a bookie would close an account if it was in a minus figure wether you are arbing or not. Surely they should wait until u r in the plus region, after all it is beneficial to the shareholders if its a losing account. As Joe says though he is correct once they think you are arbing then the account is closed.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.