• AKD
    Got a few hours to follow the racing this afternoon, going to have a few bets. Feel free to post your selections for today’s racing on this thread.

I am starting with a bet on MOHAATHER (9/4) in 1:30 Nottingham. Mohaather and Alfred Boucher both finished 2nd in different divisions of Newbury maiden. Alfred Boucher has the better form as he was beaten half length in the division that was run half a second faster than the one Mohaather was beaten 3 lengths in, but Tregoning’s runners often improve on 2nd run and I think Mohaather has more potential than Alfred Boucher who has been gelded already.

Good luck.
  • Rodeo
    Midnight In Havana 25/1 e/w gl m8
  • AKD
    Wow, what a bonus, big drift on Mohaather.
  • owenjohn
    Great Stuff AKD. Great race too! Noticed before the off that Crowley is now off to Kempton for tonight, after that winning ride. :chin: :up:
  • CMB
    Well done
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. I admit that the drift had got me worried and I actually layed it at evens in running to cover my stake. But still a nice profit made and it sets me up nicely for rest of the day.
  • Rodeo
    n1 mate. mines still running.
  • finley
    Well done mate
  • AKD
    Thank you.

Gone to the Listed race at Cork (3:05) for my next bet. Bit of a tricky race for me as two of the fancied runners already owe me money from this season. Have been let down by both SHIP OF DREAMS (2/1) & Zorion, but at today’s weights Ship of Dreams has to be my selection as Zorion has to shoulder a 3 lbs penalty for his Listed win. It’s frustrating that the selection has won just once from 13 as she has consistently run well at Listed/Group 3 level. Once raced North Face is a danger as he could improve plenty but Ship Of Dreams is the form pick.
  • insidethestables1
    Wow, serious drift, the markets seem to be getting a lot wrong this week, well done
  • Rodeo
    well done. :wink:
  • AKD
    Ship Of Dreams wins easily, 2 from 2. Let’s try to make it 3/3.

3:40 Ludlow - I know it doesn’t normally make sense to back a 115-rated horse giving 6 lbs to 122-rated horse, but I have done that by backing the improving LORD CONDI (Evens). Super Scorpion is yet to win over hurdles and he failed to beat a penalised runner last time, so I think he is a bit flattered by his rating. And the way Lord Condi won last time, there should be more to come from him. It should be a good match, but I just prefer Lord Condi.
  • AKD
    Another drift, another winner, get in!
  • Rodeo
    n1 m 8 ty.
    :starstruck:
  • owenjohn
    Flying AKD!!!
  • AKD
    Thanks guys. It’s been a very profitable afternoon, one more bet in the 4:50 Southwell but this is a much smaller bet due to nature of the race. I am not planning to give much of the profit back, will have a look at Kempton card to see if I like anything there.

4:50 Southwell - no form to go on as this bumper is restricted to horses that have never run before. I have backed FILIPINE (8/1) who is getting both the age and sex allowance and could run well. Richard Hobson does well in these type of races, he has had a couple of runners in newcomers bumpers before, both sent off at 16/1, one finished 5th of 14 other one won, so hopefully we will get a good run from this one too. I have gone each way because there are a few other trainers namely Bethell, Lacey, Gollings & Kirby who also do well in these races so this will probably turn out to be a good race.
  • AKD
    Just one small each way bet at Kempton (6:40) too.

CREZIC (7/1) is an interesting runner, he was last seen jumping fences in the Gigginstown colours. Has joined Stef Keniry now, and it’s a long way to travel for a small yard. First run on flat but placed 7 times from 11 over jumps, and it wouldn’t be a big surprise to see him involved at the finish here.

Good luck.
  • peregrine
    Nice work.
  • malawi
    great tipping vwd
  • richardireland
    Brilliant selections
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.