• AKD
    Another short price today. Had done this write up earlier but decided to leave it when price went as short as 4/7, but now at 10/11 and easing it has just about tempted me to back it.

Bet #134 - 1:25 Thurles - Jimmy Du Seuil @ 10/11

€200,000 purchase Jimmy Du Seuil makes his hurdling debut for Willie Mullins, having placed 2nd on his only start in a bumper in France last year. He is a half-brother to Iberique Du Seuil, Grade 3 juvenile hurdle winner.

Mullins has a very good record with 4yo French imports on stable debut in maiden hurdles, 58% strike rate (62 from 107) for LSP of +13.72. it improves to 26 from 40 (65%) for +12.67 LSP with Paul Townend riding them. Thurles has been the most successful course with these horses with 8 of the 11 winning here, including a couple at the last meeting here couple of weeks ago.

2nd fav Farmers Lodge ran in one of those races here two weeks ago, and although he ran well he was beaten nearly 15 lengths by Mullins horse Daddy Long Legs. It's possible FL could improve as that was his first run after 2 years absence but this also looks a bit more competitive and with that consideration price looks on short side.

Mullins also runs Asian Master, who has moved from Costello's but remains in same ownership with owner's son riding again. He too has a chance but might find this trip on short side having been running over 3 miles.

Those two look possible dangers but strong stats have tilted it in favour of Jimmy Du Seuil for me. Dollar Nolimit & Monsieur Azul have place chances but unlikely to win.
  • AKD
    I can never get Mullins right, his other one Asian Master wins after getting backed at the last minute. It had been on my shortlist but after it had drifted to 18/1 earlier, I didn't think it was going to be today. Been a very poor week for me.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.