• AKD
    Bet #129 - 1:50 Newbury - No Ordinary Joe, 0.5 pt E/W @ 12/1

This is a strong Grade 2 novice chase and selection is outsider of the 6-runner field but I feel he could run better than his price. Nicky Henderson has won this race 8 times (from 15 runners) since 1998. Since 2008, he has had a runner in only 7 runnings of this race, winning 5 of them, admittedly all those winners were near top of the betting.

No Ordinary Joe ran well in handicap hurdles at both Cheltenham & Aintree festivals, finishing 2/21 & 7/20 respectively. Earlier in his career, he had finished 3rd in the Greatwood hurdle so has plenty of ability, and is interesting now switching to fences, I think he has potential to do well over them.

Return of James Bowen on him is a positive in my view, Bowen won on him on selection's seasonal return last December. Bowen has missed out on most of this year having spent 7 months out of action after breaking his arm. Admittedly, he hasn't ridden a lot of winners since his return, but that may help keep the price up ans he should be among the winners now the better horses are starting to come out.

It's a competitive race, with likes of Marble Sands & Nickle Back having already proved themselves over fences, so no great expectations but i am hopeful No Ordinary Joe will run well.
  • AKD
    Went off at 8/1 and seemed to be going reasonably well for first half of race even if in last place, but started to hit the fences as the race progressed and eventually pulled up, this race probably too hot for him.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.