• AKD
    Bet #129 - 1:00 Musselburgh - Garde Des Champs @ 2/1

Last bet of month, and the way my last few selections have gone I should have probably left it alone as again I am not too confident about this one. I think market could play a part in this one's chances, has drifted from evens this morning to 2/1, that is ok but I wouldn't want it to drift any more in this uncompetitive looking small field. Trainer also runs Mint Gold who is a CD winner but returning from 900+ days absence so that one is very difficult to fancy after such a long absence.

Selection's record of 1 from 17 is not great but he is pretty consistent and has placed another 6 times including here at Musselburgh on a few occasions. And he seemed to show improvement last time in a class 3 at Wetherby on what was his chasing debut and also his first run after a wind surgery, whether going chasing brought the improvement or the wind surgery, it was an improvement anyhow and now down in class I feel he has a good chance if reproducing that effort.

His main market rival Neigh Botha also doesn't have a great record even if his handicap mark is dropping, just 1 from 13 and not placed since his first two runs, so I feel GdC has a good opportunity.
  • AKD
    Garde Des Champs a non runner.

Finally a winning month after a few losing ones. 9 bets in November, two 10/1 winners (one of them only backed e/w) and a 14/1 placer (DH). Total staked 9 pts, returns of 18.95 pts for profit of 9.95 pts for the month. YTD it's 128 pts staked for profit of 20.06 pts.
  • Doubler
    Well done AKD :cool:
  • malcolm
    Well done on the month AKD :clap:
  • AKD
    Thank you Doubler, Malcolm.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.