• AKD
    Bet #128 - 2:25 Wetherby - Taras Halls @ 7/2

Another difficult decision today, it's taken a bit too long to decide, I hope it's not the wrong decision. Taras Halls had 3 runs in bumpers for Lucy Wadham, winning on Huntingdon debut then finishing under 2 lengths 2nd next time at same course behind Roger Pol who is now rated 114. Had little chance when a big price and well behind in Champion Bumper (Grade 2) at Aintree. Has moved to Sue Smith now, but in same ownership, and trainer's horses are always to be respected at her local course Wetherby (she has already won the 12:40 with her only other runner today).

Reason I am not confident is because there is an unknown in The Village Way, who has finished 2nd in two point to points and is now a fancied favourite on rules debut for Skeltons who won the race last year with a horse now rated in mid-130s. TVW was beaten 6 lengths by a horse who is now rated 118. So the form level looks quite similar to my selection, although I am possibly making a mistake in trying to compare 3 mile ptp form with a 2 mile bumper form. But price of 7/2 is just tempting enough.
  • AKD
    Completely useless today, didn't even get a run for money, Taras Halls exited at the 3rd flight.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.