• AKD
    Just 3 bets last month, all 3 losers for -3.00 LSP. YTD +10.11 from 119 bets.

On today's bet I have again missed the price but still taken a chance.

Bet #120 - 3:20 Wolverhampton - Kehlani 0.5 pt e/w @ 8/1

Kehlani has 1 win from 8, yet to win in handicaps but back on same mark as when placing on 2nd last run and she might still have some improvement to come. Went off favourite last time when finishing 5th in a slightly more competitive race, but is now 3 lbs better off with the 2nd Turner Girl who was just under 3 lengths ahead of her, good chance of turning it around on these terms.

Her regular jockey Saffie Osborne not riding today, but I don't think it's a problem as Nicola Currie has ridden her before (4/9 @ 13/2) and change of jockey could help hold the price. Currie is 4 from 17 (+22 LSP) when priced 12/1 or shorter in handicaps for Osborne over the past year.

One little doubt I have is about the distance as this is a furlong further than last race and Kehlani's only win came over a mile and none of her siblings won over further than 10f. Sire gets winners over staying trips though and that offers hope. I missed the 12/1 earlier but current 8/1 still looks reasonable.
  • malcolm

Good luck with that :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Shocking run from Kehlani, I couldn't have made a worse selection today.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.