• malcolm
    Below is a rough breakdown of the rules for the up and coming comp if anyone thinks something needs to be added (or omitted of course) please post on this thread

The BHA has finally revealed the 2024 fixture list so things should be a little more clear for our races in a couple of days time

1st race of the comp will be at Cheltenham on 28th October quickly followed by Aintree on the 29th October

Proposed Rules

1: Select ONE horse per race. Players cannot post an entry for another player.
    2: A player can EDIT the post to change their selection but if the edit time is later than the closing time of entry the selection will be void.
    3: Entries must be posted not later than 30 minutes before the advertised off time If the time of the post, or edit time, is 1 min after this the post will be void.
    4: If your entry ends up a NON RUNNER it will be replaced with the FAVOURITE, or if JF's the horse with the lowest racecard number.
    5: Scoring:
    1st - 100 pts: 2nd - 60 pts (Min 5 Run): 3rd - 40 pts (Min 8 Run): 4th - 20 pts (Min 16 run)
    6: 4 Naps can be made throughout the 32 races of the comp
    7: Nap scores double points
    8: Race Bonus Points: 5/1+ Win - 10 pts: 10/1+ Win - 20 pts: 20/1+ Win - 30 pts
  • Ribot
    My only suggestion would be for an odds-on selection that achieves a win or place finish not to receive any points. It's just too easy to select a shorty to get points on the board. Especially when choosing a Nap selection. Personally, I would also like to see this implemented in the daily competition. Needless to say, the rule would also include replaced favourites for non-runners.
  • malcolm

Very interesting point indeed but i think that could apply more to the TTC than this comp as i will certainly be looking to pick out the more competitive races for this comp and it's gonna be a maximum of 2 races on the day and more often than not just the 1

Thanks for the input m8 most appreciated :up:
  • horses4courses
    I would suggest that you reserve the right to void a race from the contest
    from the declaration stage, to as late as 48 hours before race time.

This could be for a number of reasons.
    Short fields (under 8 runners), or potential adverse weather conditions, spring to mind.
    Organisers' decisions are final. A future make-up race may be chosen (if possible).

I also agree with Ribot.
    Races could be chosen "without the favourite" - whether in TTC or this contest.
  • MrForce
    I understand 's case but too many rules often complicate matters.
  • malcolm

I would suggest that you reserve the right to void a race from the contest
    from the declaration stage, to as late as 48 hours before race time.

The races are only going to be posted a couple of days in advance e.g. >
    Race day on Saturday will not be posted until the Tuesday/Wednesday

In regards without the fav i won't be going down that road for this comp as regards the TTC's that could be discussed on the forum

Thanks for the input :up:
  • malcolm

I understand ↪Ribot's case but too many rules often complicate matters.

You're right there m8 i will be keeping the minimum necessary

:up:
  • malcolm
    I have now unpinned this and it can drift off into the wilderness the rules will of course will accompany each race thread

mal :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.