• AKD
    Big price, so again not a lot of expectation but I feel it is overpriced a bit and with 4 places on offer I decided it was worth risking.

Bet #111 - 2:05 Catterick - Secret Daay, e/w @ 22/1 (most bookies paying 4 places)

Secret Daay is still a maiden after 11 runs but last run seemed an improved effort when finishing 3rd (18/1) in a classified stakes race here. Most of his runs have been on straight courses so sharp turns here could have been one of possible causes of improved effort or it could have just been a drop in class. He is back up in a handicap which could make things tougher but that form makes his price look generous compared to a couple of others. Hot Scoop beat the selection by 2 1/2 lengths that day but is now 6 lbs worse off. Without Delay finished 2nd in other division of race, his time was 0.52 secs faster than Secret Daay and 0.08 secs faster than Hot Scoop, but is 8 lbs higher than Secret Daay now. That form puts the three of them very close together on revised weights, but whereas Without Delay & Hot Scoop are both priced under 10/1, my selection is more than double the price so looks value to me.

Wide draw is normally a disadvantage here but on soft going it can often turn into an advantage so I am not too bothered by him drawn in stall 13. Carrying a low weight might also be a help in these conditions, as he is getting 20 lbs from the top weight & favourite.

Main concern really is the step up in class from classified to handicaps but as mentioned above the two closely matched with him at weights are both prominent in betting so the class jump may not be a huge problem. Only one horse has run from the last race, it finished unplaced but was a big price so difficult to say anything about strength of race either way.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Secret Daay (50/1 SP) finished only 9th. No excuses for him as the first 4 were all drawn middle to high. He did turn it around with Hot Scoop but that's no consolation, step up from a classified stakes to a 0-65 proved harder than I envisaged.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.