• AKD
    Bet #109 - 5:20 Brighton - Dulcet Spirit @ 5/1

Backing a drifter probably not a good idea, Dulcet's price has more than doubled since morning, but it's also the price that makes me want to chance it as I have doubts about most others in race too.

Dulcet Spirit has her limitations, her initial handicap mark of 67 was probably too high, but she has won 2 from 9 since joining Brett Johnson. Both wins came over this distance of 7f, at Lingfield (AW) & Chepstow, from marks of 58 & 57. She was only put up 1 lb to 58 for her latest win, but form of that race worked out well - the runner up winning next time off same mark and the 3rd horse winning next two races including off 5 lbs higher.

The only 4yo in race, she is still lightly raced facing exposed horses. My main doubt about Dulcet is jockey's relative inexperience at the course, he has only ridden at Brighton 21 times before and has only 2 short priced wins, in comparison the jockey on the favourite Darragh Keenan has very good course record.

The favourite Intercessor is dropping in class which gives him a good chance but I feel the price of 5/4 is too short for a horse who hasn't won for almost a year and has never won over less than a mile. Two of the others, Sir Titan & Heers Sadie are also shorter than my selection, ST although potentially well handicapped hasn't won for more than 2 years, and HS won a couple of poor races here this season but is now 7 lbs worse off with my selection having finished behind her at Lingfield earlier in the year. That's why Dulcet looks a good price compared to those. Spanish Mane is the one I can't rule out completely as she has been running well but she is on a career-high mark at age of 8 so can't be expected to be improving.
  • malcolm
    Good Luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Unlucky, Dulcet Spirit gets beaten after trading 1.03 in running, got outstayed by the favourite in end but well clear of the rest. It's another loss, but can't complain about this one as she ran a good race.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.