• AKD
    Bet #104 - 6:20 Hamilton - Gather Ye Rosebuds @ 6/5

Gather Ye Rosebuds takes a drop in class after finishing last of 8 in the Musidora (Group 3) on her last run. That was disappointing but she had created a big impression when winning an informative Newbury maiden by 10 lengths on debut, albeit on soft going. The runner up was beaten a similar distance when finishing 4th in the Oaks next time so form looks quite strong. That Newbury race traditionally contains some above average fillies, and several winners of that race in last 20 years have gone on to be successful in Listed or Group races including 3 that won at the highest level.

Selection also has a good pedigree, her half-brother Certain Lad, also trained by Channons, is a Group 3 winner. Their dam was also trained by Channon didn't win in 6 runs but related to Jallota who was placed a few times at Group 2 level. 2nd dam Lady Lahar was a Group 3 winner for Channon. With that kind of pedigree, I feel it will be too soon to write her off after one bad run especially as that run came in much higher class.

It is a bit of negative that she never even got competitive last time, and her main rival here today King Of The Plains is likely open to improvement. That said, he is only rated 82, 16 lbs lower than the selection. So it's possible that she could run a few lbs below her rating and still have a good chance and that has tempted me into having a bet despite my poor form over last couple of weeks.

Connor Beasley doesn't ride for the stable very often but was on board when this filly won on her debut.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

Relieved to finally get a winner and it was a nice surprise to see it return at 15/8.

Ps. I made a mistake in my write up, 3rd paragraph is complete nonsense as I somehow mixed up King Of The Plains with Kingfisher King.
  • calvert
    Nice 1 AKD and nice drift
  • AKD
    Thanks Calvert.
  • malcolm
    Well done :clap:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.