• AKD
    Bet #101 - 5:45 Newmarket - De Bruyne @ 10/3

De Bruyne is 1 from 7, the win came in a novice race at Newcastle last December, tbh that wasn't a great race that he won, handicapper gave him a mark of 77 which was most probably too high. He has dropped to a more realistic 71 now and I think he can compete well off this mark.

He ran a good 3rd of 11 (11/2) at Newbury on 2LR from 1 lb higher, I had backed the runner up in that race and felt De Bruyne had run a fair race. He did best out of the six 3yo s in that race. Last race although only 4th, he again did best out of the 3yo s. In today's race, the 3yo s occupy first two places in market and I fancy this age group to do well.

Swiss Star could run well too, but she has been beaten at short odds couple of times whereas this is the first time in his career De Bruyne is favourite and I prefer to give him a chance. It is a competitive enough race but quite a few of these tend to only get placed, recent wins have not been many, and two or three of these have even got beaten at short odds this season. Deciding factor for me has been that a few of the older horses have recent form over further and with ground quickening up I feel they may find the 6f on sharp side, Porfin does have a recent CD win but that was on Good going, Special Mayson seems better over 7.

Dors Toyboy & Aira Force have respectable recent efforts at the course so I feel those two could run better than their prices, but for win purposes I felt this is a good opportunity for De Bruyne. Still, as I said it's a competitive race, I think price is about right, 3/1 was my minimum for this, would have left alone if it was any shorter than that.
  • malcolm
    Good luck AKD :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Malcolm.

De Bruyne (11/4 SP) only 4th. Chose wrong again as other one on shortlist, Swiss Star, wins after drifting to a nice price.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.