• AKD
    Bet #90 - 7:45 Salisbury - Many A Year, Place only bet (3 places) @ BSP (5/6 available on books but hopefully BSP will be higher)

Race average = 885.6 (data quality = 1019)

1. Love Lies (892)
    2. Primeval (891)
    3. Miss Requinto (887)
    4. Bonnie Blandford (886.3)
    5. Many A Year (886.2)
    6= Queen's Award (885.9)
    6= Stryder (885.9)
    ---------------------------------------------
    8. Queen's Resolve (885.5)
    9. Smalleytime (885.4)
    10. Brazen Insanity (885.0)
    11. Capallcliste (884)
    12. Baulac (873)

The long odds on shot Primeval should really win this but something still has to come 2nd & 3rd, I am hoping Many A Year will fill one of those spots. MAY was beaten 10 lengths when 6th of 9 on debut here two weeks ago, that can be considered disappointing as he was backed into 2nd fav that day but that was a more competitive race than this with the 4th having previous placed form and runner up placing again next time. Take the favourite Primeval out of this race then this is a really weak one, many of these have been beaten a lot more than 10 lengths.

Selection was sold for £200,000 as a yearling, but the fact that he didn't make his debut till age of 4 clearly suggests he has had problems and for that reason I also think he wouldn't have been pushed hard on debut, and I would expect him to show some improvement 2nd time.

That Salisbury maiden two weeks ago was run across two divisions, MAY and Miss Requinto were in stronger division of two, MR was 11 lengths behind the selection. Baulac & Bonnie Blandford represent other division, but their finishing times were 2.23 & 5.69 secs slower than the selection. Stryder is also held through indirect form lines. So you can see why this is a such an uncompetitive race that it's difficult to give many of them a place chance. Archie Watson's newcomers always have to be respected but Love Lies' pedigree isn't anything special.

I don't think drop to 6f is a problem, even though dam's side of the family as winners over further, there is speed on sire side. No Nay Never/Oratorio nicks have produced good sprinter Servalan (twice Listed winner 6f) and other 6f winners Never Fear & Run Ran Run. I don't expect MAY to beat Primeval but hopefully he will be good enough to finish 2nd or 3rd.
  • AKD
    Many A Year finishes 2nd. Late withdrawal of the favourite meant prices weren't as good as I hoped for, but still can't complain about BSP of 1.92 for 3 places for profit of 0.90 pt.
  • peregrine
    Profits profit no matter big or small :up:
  • AKD
    Thanks Peregrine
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.