• peregrine
    I'm glad they are going to appeal . Talk about stewards cocking up I've seen it all. The day before the bumper winner should have been thrown out and I doubt they would have complained. But given the owners the stewards probably took a back hander. In dashel drashers case it was always in front of the horse that was given 2nd how they demoted dashel drasher baffled me and plenty of other punters. As thebumper was the last race were those inept stewards drunk :brow:
  • Jack Trotter
    In my opinion peregrine, I really think Dashel Drasher should have been disqualified from 2nd and placed 3rd.

He not only stopped the third from getting 2nd but may have been responsible for preventing the 3rd from winning the race anyway. The way the race panned out and the jockey on the 3rd had to make a split second decision.

It will be a day out for the stable of Dashel Drasher who I thought ran a cracking race but it in my opinion this will not go any further and they will not overturn this.

Oh and I backed the 3rd :joke:

JT
  • peregrine
    I didn't back owt in the race but Russell had enough time to manoeuvre around drasher crikey how wide is the track ,! We will wait and see if they are successful on the appeal itself. Still what was your opinion on the bumper I wonder :chin:
  • Jack Trotter
    No real opinion on the bumper race apart from I never backed the winner. :roll:

JT
  • peregrine
    Had the third 40/1 which got put onto the other side of the track courtesy of the interference by the winner . It wouldn't have won so it made no difference to me e/way bet . But horses got snatched up and a bit of barging by the winner. Still don't understand how that result wasn't altered. Seen lots of races were the winner had been demoted for far less :roll:
  • Jack Trotter
    Well done for Drashel Drasher.

These things are opinion based. I felt he should have been been reversed and the steward on the day felt the same.

However the independent panel at the BHA felt different.

My opinion is it is six of one and half a dozen of another. I am sure there are hundreds of punters who feel vindicated by this decision and hundreds that don't.

JT
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.