• The Clinic
    CHAMPION HURDLE - CONSTITUTION HILL 4/11
    Obviously not really backable at the prices but he’s bombproof and will just win as far as you want. If they offer 5+ lengths at a decent ish price that’s a slam too. He’s a monster, take 2 strides to State Man’s 1. Very good jumper no chinks in his armour.

NATIONAL HUNT - GAILLARD DU MESNIL 11/8
    Don’t know if I’m missing something but how’s this horse not massive odds on? Racing a load of slow cross country boats. This horse was a few lengths behind L’Homme Presse & Ahoy Senor here last year which are grade 1 3 milers. Genuine horse, typical grey galloper, will jump, will stay, will travel and is by far the best horse in the race. Be surprised if he comes off the bridle.

CHAMPION CHASE - ENERGUMENE 7/4
    Looks like it’s just a rematch of the Clarence House chase and look at the odds of Energumene that day. Some silly money went on him. I think there are reasons why he underperformed and Willie did mention the colour of the fences which may have played a part. But I’m going off his run in this last year. Without that I’d be concerned but we know what he can do with that and I trust Willie to have him in that form if he’s turning up. Because Edwardstone & Editeur Du Gite is not much to beat. The Moore horse led all the way and was there to be shot at & Edwardstone saved energy the whole way and still couldn’t get past so I’m not having that either. Before Energumene’s last run there was a lot of talk about him being a monster at home and this is a very weak Champion Chase in my eyes.

TRIUMPH HURDLE - BLOOD DESTINY 5/2
    Lossiemouth & Gala Marceau are very evenly matched. All this talk about Lossiemouth being unlucky, listen she was barely closing at the line. Also she’s more experienced than Gala Marceau. Gala Marceau races keenly too. Blood Destiny is faster than the pair of them he motors along. He’s been kept fresh for this and I always like to pick a male against females too they get weight for a reason. He’s the best horse. You can tell Willie & Ruby think so too we just haven’t seen it yet until he proves it. Which he will. If Paul chooses to ride him it wouldn’t surprise me if he goes off 5/4ish. I can see a gamble on this.

MARES CHASE - ALLEGORIE DE VASSY 7/4
    Soon as I seen her I thought she’s all class. I’m very surprised she’s not odds on either. That Impervious joint favourite? Bang average. They’re all exposed these lot against her she’s far too good. As long as she jumps well she’s too classy for all these.
  • Mugz
    :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.