• horses4courses
    Hello all,

I don't start many threads, but thought this topic merits a look.

With as dry as it is this summer, in so many areas, course watering
    is very common. We all know that no two courses are the same, nor
    do they perform this task in a uniform fashion. My question is this:

Have you noticed any draw bias recently?
    Also, is it different from the course norm?

Not looking to start a tipping thread.
    Just current factual information on course conditions.

Thanks in advance for any insight :up:
  • Mugz
    I would be very wary of betting to a perceived bias before you have actually seen a race on a card. I remember a classic many years ago where they watered selectively to try and remove the well know bias at Folkestone, but they didn't tell anyone they had done it until racing had started ! The bias then had totally switched to the other side as one side was soft and the other good-firm.

When you get showery weather in the summer along with watering I have to see at least 1 race before making any conclusions and then there are tracks which are almost impossible to predict in advance like the straight course at Ascot. I think any biases that exist apart from the classics like low draws at Chester and Beverley, are very weather dependent and not just on the day, what happens in the previous days is important eg. good-soft can be dry ground which has got wet or wet ground that is drying up, but they can ride very differently.
  • horses4courses
    Agreed Mugz.....this is definitely a real time exercise.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.