• Shammers
    TUESDAY 18TH ELLAND ROAD 7:45PM LIVE SKYSPORTS

Quickly back into action as we entertain Preston on a Tuesday night.
    Preston are the only team to beat us this season which was in the nobody cares cup. Expecting completely different line ups from that game we lost 0-2.
    Preston may currently lay 2nd bottom but we all know they are better than that.
    Preston are a hard working side and this will be as tough as any they are no push overs.

Current Form Away From Home
    Played 3: Won 0: Drawn 0: Lost 3
    Goals for: 0
    Goals Against: 5

Swansea 1-0 Preston
    Norwich 2-0 Preston
    Derby 2-0 Preston

Preston will probably play 4-4-2 or 4-3-2-1

2jtonnhws3afllxy.png

Last Outing Preston 2 Reading 3

This game brings back bad memories for me it's in my i was there moment on this site on our profile.
    I've never witnessed a game so bazaar from absolute tanking it to absolute tanked.
    I still struggle to watch these highlights as for the rest of my life i won't fathom how we lost this game
    rewind your memories and watch the most bizaar game of football.
    Lets not have anymore of this please.

Longer version

Shorter version

-------------------------------------
    Summary:
    Preston might be 2nd bottom and have lost all their away games without scoring a goal looking at that you think it will be a walk in the park but we all know it's a false position Preston are a decent side and have already shown us they can beat us this season even if it was a patched up side but they can say the same.
    Key for me is the 1st goal if we get it we will win.
    If Preston get it they will put up fort knox and they are a very good side in playing that way and without key players we could struggle to unlock the defence.
    So for me we have to get at them from the 1st whistle the longer it stays 0-0 the more i favour Preston in getting something.
    get a goal make them play a system where they have to get back into the game which will leave gaps and space for us to exploit.

This is a TV game so there will be plenty of links for the game i will post some nearer the time if anyone is struggling to find them.
    Enjoy!

C'mon Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedsssssssssssssssssss
  • reynard kevin
    cheers johnny for the preview.
    looking forward to the game.
    good point about scoring first?
    stats show preston last year scored first in 20 matches won 14 drew 6 lost none
    this year scored first 3 matches won 1 drawn 2.
    so yes they score and the shutters come down?
    great start to the season top after 7 games 15 points compared to 17 points after 7 games last year and still the only unbeaten team in the division.
    but more fightback spirit after going behind last year both swansea + millwall would have been losses
    heads dropped and the spirit went south. but we seem to be back to the old leeds of never give up until the end. last year 21 matches went behind first won 1 drew 3 lost 17.
    this year went behind twice come back to draw both times.

Leeds Utd vs Preston recent results
    Leeds Utd Preston
    Latest results in the league (most recent first)
    Millwall - LEE 1-1 2-3 PNE - Reading
    LEE - Middlesbrough 0-0 2-2 PNE - Bolton
    Norwich City - LEE 0-3 2-0 Derby County - PNE
    Swansea City - LEE 2-2 2-0 Norwich City - PNE
    LEE - Rotherham 2-0 2-2 PNE - Stoke City
    Derby County - LEE 1-4 1-0 Swansea City - PNE
    LEE - Stoke City 3-1 1-0 PNE - QP Rangers

This season in the league:
    Leeds Utd have been undefeated in their last 7 matches.
    Preston have failed to win in their last 6 matches. Preston have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches.
    PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS IN THIS LEAGUE / DIVISION

10 Apr 18 Preston - Leeds Utd 3-1
    12 Aug 17 Leeds Utd - Preston 0-0
    8 Apr 17 Leeds Utd - Preston 3-0
    26 Dec 16 Preston - Leeds Utd 1-4
    7 May 16 Preston - Leeds Utd 1-1
    20 Dec 15 Leeds Utd - Preston 1-0
    8 Mar 11 Preston - Leeds Utd 1-2
    28 Sep 10 Leeds Utd - Preston 4-6
  • Shammers
    Looking forward to seeing how we play this one.
    Biesla has seen and played them live. yes ok there will be a few different players out for them but the style will be the same.
    This is where a quality manager comes good nothing is hidden its all there for him to find the ingredients
    tough game but these are the ones that get you to the promotion/playoffs places.
    Roberts needs a goal to shake that tag especially as he's going to be our main man upfront for the next month.
    hope everyone is fit from Saturday as we can't afford to lose many more right now.
  • Mugz
    LIVE comms on Talksport 2 if anyone needs them.

:up:
  • Shammers
    Leeds v Preston Streams;
    1⃣ https://bit.ly/2NmNhJh (YouTube)
    2⃣ https://bit.ly/2D7OGi2 (SkySports)
    3⃣https://bit.ly/2QFvpY4 (SkySports)
    4⃣ https://bit.ly/2DDVR1D (Facebook)

there you go
  • Mugz
    11/10 LEEDS win. They must be factoring in the EFL Cup result. I though we'd be 4/5.

:gasp:
  • Mugz
    1-0 COOPER.

Pleased for him, fine pro.

:clap:
  • Mugz
    Decent half, early scares but dominated possession and Klich should have had 2 himself.
  • Shammers
    dare i say perfect score.
    Preston have to go chasing now instead of parking a bus which will suit us hopefully we get that 2nd on the counter before they create anything.
    Thought Jansson and Harrison have been fantastic.
    Saiz surely will play someone in on a break 2nd half as Preston push fancy Harrison for a goal
  • Kneeejerker
    Nice 1 Shammers youtube streaming spot on Cheers
  • Mugz
    2-0 ROBERTS.

Excellent, great for the kid.
  • Mugz
    3-0 ROBERTS (2)

Sweet goal that.
  • Mugz
    If you'd asked me for a perfect scoreline tonight I would have said 3-0 with Roberts scoring.
  • Shammers
    Glad he's off the mark just what he needed.
    Shame to single out players but Jansson was brilliant tonight.
    not only his defending but he made the 3rd with a great interception.
    Knew Saiz pull pull the strings 2nd half as Preston went forward could of been 4 or 5 at the end.
    nothing won yet bring on spunky Monk and his Brum team Saturday.
    great performance after a hard game at Millwall a couple of days earlier.
  • Mugz
    Birmingham wont be easy, no wins but only lost 2/7. Lets see how they get on tomorrow away at Sheff Utd.
  • connaughtgreen
    johnny said...................... Roberts needs a goal to shake that tag especially as he's going to be our main man up front for the next month....:so well perceived
  • El Poco Loco
    Excellent stuff from Tyler Roberts
  • A LUFC for Life
    A goal from a defender, two from a striker and 3+ narrow misses from midfield and Saiz slap bang on the middle of it all. I think we can produce goals from anywhere which is something we never had before. It's that sort of quality that will see us finish high this season. Confidence boosts for Roberts and BPF tonight. Harrison looked like he had momentum from his boost last game. I'm absolutely thrilled with the match result, we showed Preston what a full strength team can do and took the shine of their cup win. Bring on Birmingham
  • Mugz
    Number of teams beaten by LEEDS UTD by a 3 goal margin.

2017/18 - 2
    2016/17 - 3
    2015/16 - 1
    2014/15 - 2
    2013/14 - 3
    2012/13 - 0

2018/19 - 3 !!!
  • PhoenixUnited
    There was a lot to be pleased about in this comprehensive victory. There were some flickers of concern, on my part anyway, where with a bit of luck Penny might have got their noses in front. However, we took our chances and they did not. All this when we have some key figures missing. It was overall an excellent performance.

Samuel Sáiz was superb; the only thing that is missing, quite surprisingly, is the ability to find the back of the net. Are we that bothered if he can run the show like he did? Jack Harrison is getting better game by game and was really good in this one. Tyler Roberts getting a couple of well taken goals was pleasing. He is only 19 and also despite the goals he still looks rusty. There is more to come from him I am sure. Kelvin Philips had a solid game as did Bailey Peacock-Farrell.

I didn’t think the back four collectively did as well as I expected. They looked a bit shaky at times and were not pressed particularly hard by the opposition. Perhaps they got a bit complacent I don’t know. They were at time good and at other times average. In the end though it was another clean sheet so there can’t be any real complaints.

Bring on the Brummies and their Head Coach

Keep the Faith.
    WAL
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.