• reynard kevin
    Wednesday 13th February k/o 7.45 pm.

Leeds Utd vs Swansea City
    Latest results in the league (most recent first)
    Middlesbrough - LEE 1-1 1-0 SWA - Millwall
    LEE - Norwich City 1-3 2-0 Bristol City - SWA
    Rotherham - LEE 1-2 3-3 SWA - Birmingham City
    Stoke City - LEE 2-1 1-0 SWA - Sheffield Utd
    LEE - Derby County 2-0 1-1 Preston - SWA
    Nottm Forest - LEE 4-2 1-4 Reading - SWA

This season in the league
    72% of Leeds Utd's goals have been scored in the second half. Leeds Utd have scored 31% of their goals after the 75th minute.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS IN THIS LEAGUE / DIVISION

21 Aug 18 Swansea City - Leeds Utd 2-2
    26 Feb 11 Swansea City - Leeds Utd 3-0
    11 Sep 10 Leeds Utd - Swansea City 2-1

HOW ARE WE DOING?
    last season after 31 games we were in 11 th place with 44 points
    this season we are 2nd with 58 points

FIRST GOAL STATS
    score first
    leeds W13 D0 L0
    swan W 8 D3 L4
    concede first
    leeds W4 D6 L7
    swan W4 D1 L7

PREVIEW
    as expected Norwich went back to the top with their win over Ipswich so that leaves us 2 points behind them with a goal difference of minus 5 on them. our point at Boro could be vital at seasons end?
    looking at the table things are getting a bit crowed now with sheff utd 3 points behind same number of games as us but with a GD of 3 on us. ( they must be kicking themselves after villa)
    then West Brom 5 points behind with a better GD of 6 on us but they have a game in hand on us.
    so next from south wales we welcome Swansea city to elland road so this is one of those must win matches one feels if we are to get back on track. looking at our rivals matches norwich away to preston.
    west brom home to notts forest and sheff utd home vs boro all seem winnable maybe the latter match could be a problem for sheffield. still 15 matches left to go anything can and probably will happen if we get top 2 fantastic really do not want us in the play offs one bad mistake there and we are gone lets go up on merit over the season.
    just to add about late goals i see this season in the first half we have scored 14 goals compared with
    37 goals in the second half so if we can keep it score less our superior fitness levels seems to come into play later when the other team is getting tired.
    good luck to us all.MOT
  • Drew
    I have looked at all the fixtures left and calculated that we should be capable of getting at least another 30 points...
    Which means we would end on around 88 points which I think this season should be enough to guarantee 2nd place :grin:

I think in the next game against Swansea we need to show our intent and get a good solid victory, scoring first and going on to win comfortably.... it would be nice to keep a clean sheet!
    :sparkle:

WAL MOT
  • El Poco Loco
    88 points would be cool Drew but I would feel more secure if we got 90 as any side that got 90 points HAS ALWAYS BEEN PROMOTED.- I agree however that this season, with all the tight margins, that 88 points may well be enough.
    and like you say a solid victory against Swansea would set us well on our way.
    Scoring first would be a Godsend as we have won every game that we scored first in this season.
  • Mugz
    RFO forecasting 84 good enough to win the league.
  • reynard kevin
    with west brom dropping 2 points last night that is a big help to us.
  • A LUFC for Life
    Think we might need to keep an eye on Bristol City. 8 wins in a row and unbeaten in 15 games. Only 5 points behind us and we've got to play them again. Just made our next two games a whole lot more important or we might be in another 6 pointer situation where we need a result or get leapfrogged down a place. Reading did this a few years ago where all eyes were on the top two teams and a third came along as the inform team and snatched the title away. Swansea and Bolton are must wins
  • PhoenixUnited
    A rich tapestry of a season as they say!

They are all going to be must win games. It is tough getting there and just as tough to stay there. A perfect storm is needed - good form, the rub of the green, no injuries, players playing out of their skin, one or two purple patches, no suspensions, perfect team selections, other teams faltering and wobbling and the damned EFL keeping their oars out!

Keep the Faith
    WAL
  • Mugz
    I wouldnt make them both must win games, those will come from April onwards, but 4pts would be ok. Swansea are in very good form and could easily pick up a point or a win. We dont then want to go into Bolton on a downer thinking we are blowing it, as that just adds to the pressure against a team who have just beaten Birmingham away.
  • Shammers
    Time to put on another Derby show.
    I'm not down at all. yes we haven't won in the last two games but the opposition is as tough as it gets and we were in both games competing.
    Norwich everything just fell to them on the night and the Boro game we gave as good as we got and deserved a spill of the points.
    I honestly don't think we are in bad form bad form is when you not competing and getting run over something that i don't see.
    We will smash these tonight I'm full of confidence 2 or 3-0.
    Lets get the show back on the road.
  • Mugz
    This feels like it could be a pivotal game in the season. We have a 10 day break after it and going into that with a win would be huge. Swansea have nothing to lose and I cant see why they will be looking for just a point. If there's an early goal I think we could see a 3-2 thriller.
  • leedsdude
    After the shocking penalty decisions for WBA and Bristol last night I doubt we'll get any easy penalties tonight. Just as well we're used to going without
  • Shammers
    PONTUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0 THE WHITES
  • Shammers
    Preston 2 Norwich 0 long way to go but what a league this is.
  • Shammers
    HARRISONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN 2-0 THE MIGHTY WHITES
  • leedsdude
    So far so good. On all fronts
  • Shammers
    Absolute one way traffic.
  • Shammers
    Again the officials have blinkers when one of our gets manhandled.

• Shammers
    Preston destroying the canaries now 3-0
    Sheff Utd go 1-0 up v Boro
  • Shammers
    Dear me im going to shut up next time we nearly threw that away in the end.
    Ayling come on son pull your finger out silly challenge for the pen.
    we were so in charge of that football game and we nearly drew it 2-2.
    we seemed to of lost our legs last 20 minutes which was a surprise never seen that this season, but to be fair we put a real shift in for 70 mins
    3 pts is what matters and they are ours.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.