• Mugz
    It would be typical if we have to play a match to get promoted and theres no one there to watch it.

:grimace:
  • Shammers
    better still end the season now lol.
    Seriously though I'm still not overly worried YET!
  • Mugz
    Behind closed doors game in Paris, is there any point?

• Mugz
    Looks like the trigger for going behind closed doors is 500 cases, and we are around 400 now. This weekend is likely to be the last with fans, but no plans to postpone games. Should be announced today.
  • Mugz
    La Liga have cancelled next 2 rounds of fixtures. Real Madrid players self isolating for 2 weeks. We could be facing the same shortly, and I have no idea how they sort this out. If teams cannot travel to matches, then the Euro cups are in danger of not being completed, and then you could have lockdown within a country which will affect multiple teams.
  • Knottingley White
    We need to have a shutdown now, today!! and come back when this virus is on the downturn which could well be in a few weeks.
    If it carries on, there will be postponed fixtures all over with members of staff contracting the virus. It'll just descend into chaos.
  • Mugz
    Business as usual this weekend at the moment.

Looks like moving EURO 2020 is on the agenda for UEFA's meeting on Tuesday.

That would allow for any postponements of matches and extending the season into the Summer which is very sensible.

Dont know what they do about this seasons Euro Cups, logistically that seems a nighmare, unless they can get the to last 8 in each and then have a mini tournament in the Summer.
  • Shammers
    I see this being a big mess soon.
    Euro's now and Internationals games will surely have to be cancelled until we have some order.
    This is just the start i see this virus taking big steps in the upcoming weeks.
    Teams will surely be hit when staff and playing staff going down then it will be a knock on effect.
    Fingers crossed we get a hold of this thing before it goes out of control but this could take a long progress.
    End of the day we all want things to go ahead but people's welfare is number one priority and what will be will be.
  • Mugz
    In Italy I think they are resigned to not finishing the fixtures and have 3 options

1. Title goes to current league leader
    2. No title awarded
    3. Play offs

We only have 9 fixtures to play so that could be done in 4 weeks, with or without crowds, once things calm down. However once the number of cases gets over 1,000 I think we are looking at no football or any sport really for a lengthy period.

If EURO 2020 is postponed which I think is inevitable then it would give everyone time to get club fixtures completed and still have a short break before next season.
  • Shammers
    Players and
    Managers dropping now arsenal manager got it a Chelsea player has it Leicester city have symptoms as well as Man city.
    It's going to be a knock on effect now Games will now be postponed etc.
    Can see after this weekend some sort of action. We might not even get to our game as it's Sunday all it takes us 1 player from Cardiff or ours to get infected and the game could quite easily be postponed.
    Worrying times now not just for football but life in general.
    Grand national as well looks like it will be a gonner.
  • Mugz
    The difficulty is going to be when do you restart as this thing is not going to suddenly disappear overnight. The number of UK cases now is low but rising, so after we have gone over the peak and back down again, are we then going to play when the numbers get back the these levels? Are we going to say, ok if you have it you just stay away, but everyone else can play, pretty much like you do with cold/flu?
  • Shammers
    Like I said earlier it's going to be a big mess. They basically don't even know what to do.
  • Mugz
    I would say that date is just to review it, and any start would be a month after that at the earliest. If it was possible in May you could finish the Championship in 4-5 weeks with 2 games a week. No talk of cancelling the season yet, but that would have to be an option if a May re-start is not possible.
  • Mugz
    I suppose you could have a cut down season next season if everyone agrees. In NFL they dont all play each other so it might be possible to work out a fair schedule based around 24 or so games (EPL) which would take 3 months off. That would then allow this season to be finished late Summer or Autumn.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.