• El Poco Loco
    We've. simply got to beat these guys today. They are on a surge and we cannot allow them to close the gap any further.

12 Aug 2017 Leeds United v Preston North End D 0-0 League Championship
    10 Apr 2018 Preston North End v Leeds United L 3-1 League Championship
    28 Aug 2018 Leeds United v Preston North End L 0-2 League Cup
    18 Sep 2018 Leeds United v Preston North End W 3-0 League Championship
    09 Apr 2019 Preston North End v Leeds United W 0-2 League Championship
    22 Oct 2019 Preston North End v Leeds United D 1-1 League Championship
    26 Dec 2019 Leeds United v Preston North End League Championship
    We need to do this.
  • Shammers
    I'm on a right downer Football wise.
    I was buzzing up till Cardiff everything was going so well.
    I just can't remove that game from my mind it's like a nightmare.
    Deep down inside I knew the Fulham game would follow the trend.
    I've never been on LUTV since that Saturday morning I can't watch the goals the interviews it's just hurt me as all I think of is Cardiff.

But lets look to the positives especially for myself I need to remove this pain.
    We have played everyone now and hand on heart nobody in this League are better than us.
    Bold thing to say but I fully believe it.
    We just need to get back on track every team gets a blip.
    Preston are a very good side they remind me of us in the past a very good home side but very average away from home.
    I feel a big game today something like Derby County last year where we just turn up and do the business in style. as I write that Cardiff come straight back in my mind because that was one of those games. (slap my face wake up Jon. let it go man.)

Team News LEEDS
    Shacks,Roberts both back but are they fit enough.
    Pablo Injury: (Hamstring) Timescale: (out for months)
    Forshaw Injury (Unknown) Timescale: (Unknown). god knows whats going on with him but its very hush hush.
    Douglas Injury:(ill) Timescale (Unknown) To me I think this is another hush hush moment and we are moving him on and making sure he is free from injury)
    Clarke omitted from the side as he is going back to Spurs.
    Nketiah: Looks likely to be in today's squad but this could well be his last game.

Team News PRESTON.
    Joe Rafferty and Darnell Fisher and Daniel Johnson will all be missing.

Time to get back on track lads.
    Let's get the positivity back and get out of this mini hole.
    I know its only 1 loss but feels like 2 but we need to get that winning mentality back

Leeds 4 Preston how's that for positivity
  • El Poco Loco
    I love the positivity Johnny, I expected a bounce back from the Cardiff debacle when we faced Fulham but a nightmare of a referee scuppered that one!
    So, maybe, fingers crossed we will get that bounceback against Preston - we need to as we need to keep a huge gap between us and the chasing pack.
  • El Poco Loco
    .....also as Leedsdude pointed out in another post ;- The Blunts threw away a 3-0 lead against Villa last season and went on a good run afterwards so I am expecting/hoping for the same sort of bounce having been booted in the bum against Cardiff.
  • Shammers

Let's get it on lads rip em another one.
  • Shammers
    Great Day so Far.

Charlton 3-2 Bristol City
    Stoke 3-2 Sheff Wed
    Luton 3-3 Fulham
    Barnsley1-1 West Brom
  • Shammers
    Come on Lads it's our time to get back on track.
  • El Poco Loco
    Come on Costa and Bamford, Step up to the plate and NET US A FEW!
  • El Poco Loco
    Jeez!
    Kiko wants to play midfield again
  • Shammers
    Preston pressing really well first 20 mins and making us make so many mistakes I've never seen as many players in our half from a opposition team at home.
    Let's hope they can't keep this up as they look the more dangerous so far.
  • Shammers
    there you go 0-1
  • El Poco Loco
    FFS they stroll back like they were out for a Sunday stroll
  • Shammers
    we better watch what we're doing this could quite easily go 0-2.
    there heads are up and we can't get going due to the press
  • Shammers
    never said this before this season but they are all over us at the moment.
  • El Poco Loco
    That's more like it!
  • Shammers
    Picked up the last 15 minutes but we really had to otherwise we were going 2-0 down.
    Preston are tiering but they have something to hold on to we need a goal quickly to change their mental attitude.
    Though Ayling was poor that 1st half and we can't get Harrison or Costa in the game which is a big worry in our style of play.
  • Shammers
    but we have to hold our hands up Preston deserved that 1st goal they were the team going forward.
    We were outfought that first 30 mins in every part of the pitch.
    Now we need to see what we are made of because we can't get into a slump.
    Teams that get promoted will find a way back into this game are we that team let's see.
  • Shammers
    We are getting frustrated out there now.
    Need some wise heads now to get us back in this.
  • Shammers
    Pulled that one out the fire.
    Fair result to be fair both had decent spells on the ball
    Preston if they could play like that first 30 mins we could of been looking at a different result.
    to be fair we battled hard and we were unlucky on occasions not to score and deserved a equaliser which we got.
    Hard game that wanted 3 points but on the overall game a point is well received.
  • Mugz
    Thought we were flat 1st half, which given the results elsewhere is a surprise, thought wed be buzzing to increase the gap.

This run of games is very testing, but we just need to stick at it and fight for every point.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.