• Knottingley White
    Saturday sees us heading down the M1 to face Championship newcomers Charlton Athletic managed by our old boy Lee Bowyer.

Match Facts

* Charlton's last league meeting with Leeds was in April 2016, winning 2-1 at Elland Road under Jose Riga.
    * Leeds have won just one of their past 11 league games against Charlton (W1 D5 L5), a 4-2 win at the Valley in November 2013 with Ross McCormack scoring all four.
    * Charlton have lost their past two league games, last losing three in a row in March 2018 in League One.
    * Leeds have won all four of their away league games this season. The only time they've won their first five on the road was in the 1973-74 season en-route to the second of their three top-flight titles.
    * No player has scored more Championship goals this season than Charlton's Lyle Taylor (5). Since he joined AFC Wimbledon in 2015, only seven players have scored more English league goals than Taylor (70).
    * Leeds are the only team in the top four tiers of English football yet to concede a league goal before half-time this season.

Needless to say I fully expect a win, and think the players will be up to put right last weeks disappointment right.
    Early news is Pablo is out and will be replaced by Costa, and Foreshaw could be back in front of Shacks, and these look like they will be the only 2 changes. So it looks like he's keeping faith in Harrison, but an interesting change for me would be to bring Ayling back in, and play Dallas and Alioski on the left hand side. You never know!!
  • Shammers
    Also expecting a win today but the conditions look like they will not be suiting us rain and strong winds.
    Losing Pablo is a 50/50 call yes we lose his experience and game changing moments but what we gain is a younger stronger and faster player who deserves his chance.
    I believe in Bielsa so his way is my way and lets hope we get some breaks today.
    Honestly hand on heart i know nothing about Charlton's players apart from the ones I know.
    Bowyer obviously and Jason Pearce.
    This league is there to be won this season especially when you see Nottingham Forest top they are not a good side and if that's the standard we have to beat if we don't go up this season we never will.
    Good luck today boys bring home them 3 points.
  • Shammers
    Weather doesn't look as bad as forecasted so fingers crossed we can play a good footballing game.
    Charlton like to attack so expecting something like Barnsley away hopefully the same scoreline.
  • Knottingley White
    Shows how far we have come with Radz. That's a quality bench we have today. A lot of millions sat there!!
  • Shammers
    We just can't defend corners.
    again we never get the 1st ball (how many times?) and we pay for it in a game again we are the dominant side.
  • Shammers
    The pattern is not changing.
    We are dominant they create 1 change and score.
    We can't win the 1st ball on corners and when we get to their box we don't have a clue.
    Harrison's crossing has been abysmal that first half on the ball can't fault him.
    We run the counter attacks well then we stop at their box letting them regroup then decide to put the ball in.
    It's all nice playing passes klich to Harrison Harrison to Alioski back to Harrison but the defence are then settled.
    Get it straight over boys cause some mistakes.
    still in this but we need to improve the last ball 50% it's been awful.
  • Knottingley White
    I'd have Shacks off 2nd half and have Eddie up front playing off Bamford. And we need to improve on our final ball vastly!!
  • Mugz
    Bamford lucky not to get a red, then is subbed. Roberts on.
  • Mugz
    1-0 FT.

Same story as last week, minus the goal.
  • Shammers
    powder puff in front of goal and its going to cost us.
    so frustrating
    1 chance 1 goal every week
    corners can't win the first ball every week

trying to walk the ball around the box till we get it on the line before we shoot.
    Harrison what a first touch what a runner but his final ball is not good enough he beats himself sometimes trying to go this way then that way.
    Another game we have dropped points in we shouldn't but the same error's are reoccurring.
    We also are not getting any lady luck how we didn't score in that game I don't know but it hurts so much when the team get 1 chance and score when really that's all our keeper had to do.
    So frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.