• Shammers
    The swans have started the season well and this should be a good game with both teams in form.

Another 3 points before the international break against the current 2nd place team would be very nice.
  • Mugz
    Has the feel of a very big game this and 3pts would be a bit of a statement. Our defence will get a proper workout here, for the first time this season.
  • Shammers
    Just watched the pressy and we have everyone fit apart from Ayling and Roberts.
    So I'm expecting Coops to come back for Berardi.
    Even though Douglas is fit I can't seeing him getting infront of Alioski at the moment especially with him playing the full 90 in the Reserve cup against Stoke.
    Good test tomorrow it will see how well both teams have really started.
    get to about 10 games then you see the good from the bad.
    Swansea are just a hard working side with no big names they have started well so hopefully they will come here having a go.
    lost Dan James, Oliver McBurnie Jordan Ayew in the summer 3 big departures.
    and to be honest have added very little.
    Confidence is a big thing in football and both sides are brimming with it at the moment so we can't take this team lightly but I think we will be to strong for them despite their good start.
    Lucky start for Swansea?
    Tomorrow we will find out but I'm expecting 3 points
  • Grumpy2
    Three points would be good. Start building the points (and goals) difference early.
  • Shammers
    We in control but Swansea look dangerous on the counter. Van Der Hoorn is playing a roaming CB role.
    Celina looks their danger man.
    We just need that bit of composure around the box we have plenty of the ball but not working the keeper. to be fair Swansea are defending well but we have the call wide and we are very regularly getting over the top of them.one good cross and The Swans could be in big trouble.
    This is deffo a game for Costa and I'm itching for him to get involved.
    Coops very unlucky in the dying minutes hitting the bar.
    interesting 2nd half coming up
  • Knottingley White
    This lot look no better than Brentford did. And like that game I expect us to come out of it with another 3 points.
  • Mugz
    0-1 FT
  • Shammers
    Another set piece scruffy goal. Something we didn't get off someone's arse.
    We were the better side and didn't deserve to lose but they were deffo the best side we faced so far.
    Not disappointed as we still showed enough and if that's the best there is around we got no worries.
  • Mugz
    Very annoying to lose so late, but I dont think its Bielsas mentality to settle for a draw.
  • PhoenixUnited
    All the possession and still the bluntness up front. Deja vu and can't see how things are going to be different to last season.

It is still early days but this frittering away of points is going to be costly!

:grimace: :angry: :monkey:
    Keep the Faith
    WAL
  • mrbigstar
    Totally agree Phoenix. It is still early days but it looks like a repeat of last season could be on the cards ie creating bucket loads of chances but not converting enough of them. We don't have a 30 goals a season striker we can rely on. I know they cost big money but there must be someone out there for a reasonable price that can do a job for us. Victor seems unable to find him though!!

Looking at the chart EFL Championship xG Vs xGA after 5 games, yes we are almost off the chart but convert that to a goals scored Vs chances created chart and it wouldn't look quite so good.

Don't get me wrong I'm not all disheartened as yet. It is early days and we are probably doing better than I would have expected before the first match kicked off so happy days - ish!!

Keeping the faith and still believing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Best of the Bets forum

Welcome to Best of the Bets forum, a community of liked minded punters with an interest in horse racing and sports betting.